Monday, August 2, 2010

9.5

i tend to life in the extremes. i'm all in, or not in at all. i took off at 5:30 and ran 9.5 miles. it was HOT. it was HUMID. it was SLOW. in fact, it wasn't pretty at ALL. but i DID it. and the only reason i did is because i woke up this morning and told myself i was going to run 9.5 miles. i wanted to see if i could, if i had it in me after all this time not running or training. you see, i signed up for a 13.1 on august 22nd back in may, before my accident. although the accident didn't leave me with any broken bones (thank god), it did leave me with a sprained foot, and whenever i run or put extra stress on it the next day it's really sore and aches and just doesn't feel right, so i've been extra careful, perhaps a little too careful, on not over doing it. but two weeks ago i ran a short 5 mile and 3.2 miles with only a day in between and the foot felt pretty good. because i was in texas for work last week and consumed with work i didn't get any running in. so this week, i wanted to test myself. and that's exactly what i did today. damn! it was painful. damn! i'm out of shape. but damn it, i'm running 13.1 on august 22nd, ugly or not!

3 comments:

  1. Go Jody! Have you ever run a half-marathon before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. not officially, anne. i did run 13.5 last summer, but it wasn't an organized run or anything. i'm paying for the 9.5 this morning ;)i biked into work just to get some blood flowing through these SORE legs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it....you know how I know. I've done it and I'm both older and fatter. Drink lots of water and run within the next 3 days (small run) to get the lactic acid out.

    ReplyDelete